I have blogged many times about various Personal Information Management (PIM) tools like:
- RSS Feeds and Google Reader
- Social Bookmarking and Diigo
- Reference Management and Zotero
I have tried to put it all together into custom workflows like:
Google Reader >> Zotero>> Tablet
Recently I have been doing several faculty development sessions on eLearning tools. Some questions I often get asked are:
- What are some tools and apps that we can use for eLearning
- There are so many tools. How do we organize (storyboard) our eLesson?
To answer these questions I decided to put together a demo lesson on PIM using eLearning tools and used the age old Gagne's 9 events of instruction model to help build the storyboard.
So here is the demo.
How I set it up:
- Engage - Animated video (GoAnimate), Cartoon (makebeliefscomix) and Interactive image (Thinglink)
- Goals - Flowchart (Lucidchart) and a (Camtasia) screen capture of a narrated PowerPoint animation
- Activate prior knowledge - Google images (used advanced search to get images labelled for reuse)
- Content - YouTube videos, Videos with embedded questions (Ted Lessons), blogs
- Practice - Flashcards (Quizlet)
- Assessment - HotPotatoes Quiz
Still have a few steps (events to cover) but it was an interesting exercise. The part that I could not include was the collaborative learning since this is not going to a real course with real learners. If it was, I could have used Tweetchats, Google+ Communities, etc to add a collaborative element.
Hope this will be helpful to others!